What is a Stroke?
- A stroke is an interruption of blood supply to the brain either by a clot (Ischaemic) or a bleed (Haemorrhagic)
- Brain cells are damaged and die as a result of lack of oxygen and nutrients or damaged by pressure from the bleeding in to the brain
- This damage can have different effects depending on where it can happen in your brain
How can physiotherapy help me after stroke?
- Improve walking and balance
- Improve arm and hand function
- reduce post stroke shoulder pain
- re-educate normal movement patterns
- Improve muscle weakness
- Managing post stroke fatigue
- Advice on aids and equipment
- Arranging equipment trials